Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Isolated I/O module

 Isolated I / O Module is an I / O module are isolated to the optical input or output voltage. This module is typically used for applications such as motor controllers, relay settings, etc..

Specifications:
- Working voltage +5 VDC.
- It has 8-channel I / O, each channel can only be configured as one single function (input or output).
- When the channel I / O as an output, then the configuration of isolated I / O port is active low (logic 0 will activate the optoisolator). And applicable parameters:
* In isolated I / O ports: VOL (max) = 0.45 VDC, IOL (min) = 1.12 mA, and VOH (min) = 4.6 VDC.
* On the channel I / O: voltage channel I / O to the COM is 0.2 to 24 VDC, output current (IC) is 0.5 to 1.5 mA.
- When the channel I / O as input, then apply the parameters to the channel I / O:
* Voltage channel I / O to the COM for logic 1 is 2.5 to 24 VDC.
* Input current for logic 1 (IF) = 1-23 mA.
- Isolated I / O ports can be connected to the microcontroller ports MCS-51, AVR, PIC, etc.. Or it can also be connected with a series of TTL / CMOS.
- Equipped with an example of an application circuit.